A Design Thinking Experience
To meet the constant demand for innovation in an ever-changing environment, we need creativity, metaphor and productive imagination.
Design Thinking allows us to understand and face challenges where analytical thinking by itself is not enough. And it succeeds because focus is not on producing valid results, but on validating potentially viable options.
Design Thinking uses the way designers work to converge three key factors—
- appealing: products and services that meet people needs and expectations,
- feasibility: technical capacity to carry out a solution to the challenge,
- viability: ability to generate value for the customer and performance for the company in its market context.
The alchemy of design
There are 4 elements that we must combine for Design Thinking to provide results—
- Empathy: What makes us feel, connect. What breathes life, humanity in all things.
- Creativity: The spark that ignites the imagination without barriers. The possibility, the creative potential, passion and energy to solve challenges.
- Learning: We breathe automatically and continuously. While this continuous iteration occurs, we develop as individuals.
- Flexibility: The permanent transformation, the openness to change, and the acceptance of error.
Two complementary kinds of thought
In corporate and organizational management we use strategic and tactical thinking, full of logic and reasoning.
However, nowadays this is not enough. We need the complement way of thinking.
ELEMENT4 is a framework to apply Design Thinking in a simple and effective way, during workshops for teams aiming to increase their capacity to make proposal.
Each session is different, because every team has its own context, objectives and challenges.
Facilitator's mission is to activate team's capabilities to take the full potential out. Your trip is unique and will be reflected in a wall-charting showing the route followed by the team during the discovery.
A 4-steps process
flexible and iterative
- Inquire: We explore our challenge in depth and taking into account the emotions.
- Synthesize: We collect what we have learned and define the challenge.
- Ideate: We look for options and generate alternatives fostering creativity.
- Formulate: We state a proposal to launch an initiative or a project.
Application areas for Element4
- Digital transformation definition
- Innovation processes
- Competitive improvement
- Launch of strategic plans
- User experience design
- Creative problem solving
- Training and team motivation
The fruit of a synergy
This instrument for practice design thinking has been the result of a joint effort with
Rational thinking is —
- Find correct answers
- Rigorous analysis
- Detailed planning
- Avoid the error
- Expert knowledge
- Cabinet conceptualization
- High specialization
The movement of the team’s energy can be displayed in two possible directions
Design thinking is —
- Ask correct questions
- Fail fast and cheap
- Take advantage of ignorance
- Field work
- Immersion in the client
Dozens of tools
At each moment of our process we will apply the most appropriate tools, choosing from the ELEMENT4 catalog.